Monday, July 19, 2010

Heavenly Deception - previous post

My previous post was a poem written by brettact2. The poem is a description of his journey from spiritual abuse to freedom in Christ. I’m sure many who have been victimized by spiritual abuse can relate to the hurt and the struggles that he describes.

Brett has graciously agreed to make himself available to dialogue with anyone who would like to share their thoughts and their questions. So, if you’ve been touched by the raw honesty of his poem, feel free to add your comments.

Freedom is available to you and I know Brett would love to hear your story and encourage you on your journey to freedom. I'm going to link this post to my Forgetting the Former Things blog where I first posted this because Brett added a comment in which he asked some thought provoking questions as well as sharing more about his journey so, after reading his poem, I suggest you read his additional comments. Feel free to respond.

2 comments:

youwillriseagain said...

hello--wasn't sure where to post this--nice blog and i look forward to frequenting here and will put you on my blog roll---spiritual abuse is so necessary to educate others on and bless you for doing that--i also blog on spiritual abuse and my experiences--here is the link if you want to check it out---if not that is fine--thanks for sharing
http://youwillriseagain.wordpress.com/

Aida said...

Thanks for letting me know you’re out there and sharing the link to your blog with me. It looks great and I’m looking forward to digging in there a little more deeply and learning your story. I never really planned to start a blog devoted to spiritual abuse recovery but it just seemed to evolve over time as I saw the need for resources to help those who have been victimized as well as to inform others of the abuse that’s taking place under the cover of religious experience.

I’ll be posting a link to your blog on my sidebar. Thanks for posting a link to mine on your blog roll. I look forward to chatting some more in the future.